Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend


It is sad, but true, Thanksgiving is officially over. :( Jason, Braeden and I had a whirlwind weekend complete with three Thanksgivings, one birthday party, one wedding gift party, two football parties (Apple Cup and the Hawks), one flag football game, one shopping spree and one thousand games of guitar hero.

Our weekend started off on Wednesday night when we had Thanksgiving dinner with my mom (who made a non-traditional ham and scalloped potatoes dinner in anticipation of our turkey filled weekend - thanks mom!) which was fun, but too short because we had to leave early the next morning.

On Thursday we left about two hours late for Thanksgiving at the Young household, but still made it in time for dinner. We had a great time hanging out with the family and had a delicious dinner (thanks other mom!) On Friday, the family celebrated Caleb's (our nephew) first birthday party. He was a little confused by the wrapping paper and blowing out the candles, but he still had a lot of fun.

Due to time delays and our overpacked weekend, we had to leave the party early to head down to the Lambert's (or is it Lambet's :)) for our final Thanksgiving. I think there were about 35 people who came for dinner and it was a real blast. Seven and Braeden had lots of fun playing, they have both been missing each other, so they liked the chance to hang out and talk Cars for a few days. :) Adult Seven (Jordan) and Adult Braeden (Jason) also had lots of fun playing together (guitar hero, Mac's, iPhones, iTouch, and other techie stuff).

The weekend was too eventful for one blog, but I would just like to say that I actually enjoyed playing flag football, and next time I will score a touchdown! In this game I got close, but didn't quite make it.

I already miss the Lamberts. We always have a great time with them and they are all such great people. We really appreciate the hospitality we were shown, and thank you again for the wedding gifts. They were unexpected and greatly appreciated. We really love all of you and hope to see you again soon. Congratulations to Corky for running his marathon! I hope you did as well (or better) than you were hoping for! And nothing but good wishes for Jessica in the months ahead. We are thinking about you and support you in everything you are doing to defend the country.

Happy Turkey Day (or weekend) everyone! How many days until Christmas? :)
Melina

1 comments:

Jordan Lambert said...

Guitar Hero was and is awesome. No need to beg comments off of me though I think I'm your top reader/comment/linking visitor