Thursday, September 20, 2007

Quite possibly the coolest toy I've ever bought...




So after spending over 7 hours driving around to different stores and calling every Best Buy and Circuit City around I finally found the iPod Touch. Ironically it ended up being in the Tacoma Best Buy about 8 blocks from my house.

I woke up to an email that Jordan sent me telling me that he heard it was out already. (it wasnt supposed to release till Sept. 28th) This got me right out of bed and I immediately began my pursuit of happiness. After calling the Southcenter Apple store they confirmed it was out but they had already sold them I called Bellevue and they said they just received a shipment of them and they were still in. They wouldnt hold one for me or tell me how many they had (i guess thats Apples stupid policy) so i took my chances and drove from Tacoma to Bellevue with the hopes of one still being there. When i got to the counter the lady said they had them...she went to the shelf...and lo and behold...they had just sold the last one. Jordan then advised me to try The Mac Store in Redmond so i headed over there as they had just received a huge shipment too. After over an hour there of them checking in their order they werent there. Calling Circuit City was no help. They didnt even know what i was talking about. I stopped at Best Buy in Bellevue and they didnt have any either...but the sales rep told me that Southcenter had them. They didnt...i called them...then Federal Way...no luck. I then called Tacoma and he had 8 in (he couldnt hold them either) so i rushed back from Bellevue...not really cuz by this time it was around 2:30 and traffic was bad...but when i got there...it was in and i finally got my toy!!!

As Jordan can attest too...(he got the iphone) this thing is awesome. The iPod touch is exactly like the iPhone...minus the phone. But it does have wifi so i can still use the internet in some places. The "touch" interface is amazing and everything about it makes sense. And watching movies on the 3.5 inch screen is nice. This is by far the best iPod yet...and may be the coolest toy I have ever bought.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, what a day!! That's crazy how fast they sold out. And kinda dumb apple has that no researve policy. It's too bad I wasn't working in Bellevue that day! Ha ha. Oh well, it makes for a good story...